It’s coming home (to lucky Vodafone customers at least)
Posted by faye.stammers | 11 July
This summer, something magical has happened. No, not the two-week heat wave but, our boys making it all the way to the World Cup semi-final for the first time in 28 years.
Along with the rest of the nation, the Vodafone social media team wanted to celebrate this momentous occasion and ensure their followers are World Cup ready. How? By sending valued customers a box of Vodafone football-themed treats of course.
Inside each of the surprise World Cup boxes are:
- Car flags: to show support to the boys in red, white and blue
- A bottle of Budweiser: what is football without a cold one from the drinks sponsor?
- Face paint: to really get in the England spirit
- Chocolate footballs: football never tasted so good
- Sunglasses: as the sun doesn’t appear to be going anywhere
- Water bottle: after an evening of drinking, this is certain to help
- Pop socket: snapping match-day selfies just got easier
Pia Neave, Social Media and Customer Experience at Vodafone, said, “It has been great to see just how much Vodafone customers have been getting behind the England team this summer. This latest box is a continuation of our events-based surprise and delight programme, Vodafone Treats and allows us to be part of people’s lives outside of just being their phone service provider. Following on from the Royal wedding and Wimbledon treats sent out only recently, these boxes help to ensure customers are ready for the moments in life that truly matter”.
Boxes were sent out on the 26th of June to lucky social media users. Each box was accompanied by a handwritten note from the team at Vodafone.